Jul 12, 2020
In-Person Worship Services Resume!
In-Person Worship Services Resume on July 12! Our online components to the services will continue as well for those who want to worship at home.
Greetings Williams Memorial United Methodist Church!
I pray that you are well during this time of upheaval and uncertainty. As you may have heard, the leadership of Williams in consultation with myself have decided that the time is near to reopen in person worship. We will begin July 12 with 3 worship service options for our family.
Worship Opportunity 1) Early morning traditional at 9 a.m. in the Sanctuary. This service is for individuals who are in a high-risk category, as well as immediate family, and would feel more comfortable worshipping in a smaller group. Because the Sanctuary is sanitized and cleaned on a weekly basis, this early time was designed to ensure that safety concerns regarding contamination are addressed. There will be certain precautions in place such as instrumental music with no singing, as well as an abbreviated service time of 30–40 minutes to lessen the risk of exposure. Everything has been designed to alleviate as much risk as possible associated with the potential spread of Covid-19.
Worship Opportunity 2) Xperience Worship at 9 a.m. in Wesley Hall.
Worship Opportunity 3) Traditional Worship at 10:30 a.m. in the Sanctuary.
The staff and leadership of Williams have been working to provide for the safest environment possible for in–person worship, but I want to stress that if you feel in–person worship is not for you at this time, please, please continue to worship with us online. I care about your physical, as well as spiritual well-being, and wholeheartedly support your decisions. My prayer is that we continue to be connected as one body in Christ. There will soon be a time when this pandemic will no longer be the threat that it is, but in the meantime be safe and know that we are praying for you and yours and wish y’all the very best.
See you soon,
Rev. Dr. Jesse Brannen
Williams Memorial UMC
Williams Memorial Return to Worship Plan
It is my joy to inform you that in consultation with our new Senior Pastor, Dr. Jesse Brannen and the leadership team, Williams Memorial UMC has made the decision to resume in-person worship on Sunday, July 12, 2020. Online streaming will continue to be available on Facebook and YouTube, and it will continue to be the safest way to participate in worship. For those who do not feel comfortable returning to campus we wholeheartedly understand and support your decision. We will continually seek to develop our online presence to create an even more engaging and inviting worship experience. As we prepare to reopen the doors, please be aware of the following because worship will look different.
A. Beginning on Sunday, July 12, Williams Memorial will take the following steps to reopen, starting with a worship-only format.
- There will be no congregational singing during any of the services.
- There will be no food or beverages provided until further notice.
- Sunday mornings will only include worship services in the Sanctuary and Wesley Hall.
- Sunday School classes will not resume on campus at this time. Groups are encouraged to find ways to meet online or in other places.
- The Education Building will be closed on Sunday mornings. There will be no gathering time, group fellowship or community meals.
B. For personal safety and the safety of others, we are advising the following precautions:
- Please maintain social distancing while on church campus and refrain from hugging, shaking hands, greeting each other with a holy kiss, etc.
- Face masks are strongly encouraged. Take-home face masks will be available, but not required.
- Please leave appropriate space between your family and other families sharing the same pew or row of chairs.
- Please worship with us from home if you are not feeling well or are experiencing symptoms that could resemble COVID-19.
- Touch-free, hand-sanitizing stations will be available at the entrances of the worship spaces. Everyone is highly encouraged to use them as you enter and exit the buildings.
- Restrooms will be open and available. Please wash your hands thoroughly and observe good hygiene habits.
C. For personal safety and the safety of others, we have taken the following precautions:
- Bibles, Hymnals, paper, pencils, etc. have been removed from the pews in order to remove the use of shared items. Please bring your own Bible for worship.
- Both worship spaces have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. The Sanctuary will be cleaned and sanitized by our staff between the two traditional services.
- Printed worship service materials will not be distributed.
- Offering plates will not be passed during the services. Offering plates will be placed at the exits of Wesley Hall and the Sanctuary. Tithes may continue to be given online or by mailing a check to the church office.
- Childcare is not available at this time; therefore all children will be with their family during the worship services. Take-home children's craft/worship packets are available in all services.
- There will be a children’s time during the 9 a.m. Xperience Worship Service and the 10:30 a.m. Traditional Worship Service, however children will stay with their families rather than coming to the front.
- Ushers will be directing families to their seats.
- There will be two entrances/exits open at the beginning and end of the services for people to utilize to avoid crowding or funneling. At the end of the services, staff and ushers will dismiss by sections to designated exits to ensure a proper flow.
- Rows of chairs in Wesley Hall are spaced 6 feet apart and every other pew in the Sanctuary is roped off to help accommodate socially distanced seating. In Wesley Hall, please leave space (roughly two chairs) between families to help maintain social distancing. In the Sanctuary, please sit at opposite ends of the pew to help maintain social distancing.
I know this sounds daunting, but we want to show the greatest possible love and respect to our neighbors while we worship our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, together.
Grace and peace,
Sunday at 9:00am
Williams Memorial UMC
4000 Moores Lane
Texarkana Texas, 75503